My Guide Website?
Krakow: Zakopane with Hot Springs, Cable-Car & Hotel Pickup730 Reviews
Explore Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains on a guided day trip from Krakow. Stop by Chocholow for cheese and alcohol tasting, head to Gubalówka on the funicular railway, and relax at a thermal bath.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Krakow:If youʻre booking your trip to Krakow last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Treat your taste buds to regional cheese made of salted sheep milk and alcohol
- Familiarize yourself with the architecture of Gorals at Chochołów Wooden Town
- Admire the breathtaking panorama of the High Tatras from Gubałówka cable car
- Take a stroll down Krupówki street in Zakopane's center during your free time
- Make use of thermal pools, steam rooms, and water slides at Chocholowskie baths
DescriptionExplore the Tatra mountains on a private or group day trip from Krakow with hotel transfers and a guide. Explore Chocholow, a living museum of historical wooden buildings, and try regional cheese and alcohol. Ride the Gubałówka funicular, explore Zakopane on your own, and relax in a thermal bath. After pickup from Krakow, drive to the village of Chocholow to see the best examples of Goral wooden houses and learn about this characteristic wooden building style. Afterward, try regional treats, including oscypek cheese and local alcohol in a traditional shepherd's hut called Bacówka. Next, take the cable car from Zakopane to Gubałówka, the most famous peak of the Polish Tatra Mountains. In just 3.5 minutes, get to a height of 1122 m above sea level. From the top, enjoy a panorama of Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains. On your descent, enjoy free time (2,5h) on Krupowki, Zakopane’s most famous street. Find local shops with products from the Podhale region. You can buy jewelry (including brooches in the typical heart-shaped “parzenica” pattern), clothes made of wool and leather, and intricately carved wooden souvenirs. Finally, unwind at Chocholow Thermal Baths (2,5h) where 14 pool basins, over 300 meters of water slides, saline pools, geysers, water cannons, and jacuzzis await you. Relax with a gorgeous view of the High Tatras. In the end, be driven back to your hotel in Krakow.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Guide Photo stop in Chocholow Wooden Town Local cheese and alcohol tasting Gubałówka funicular ticket Thermal spa entry ticket for 2,5 hours 2,5 hours of free time in Zakopane
- The guide speaks in English and Polish. Other languages are available only in the form of an informational brochure. During the Christmas period (from 27.12 to 02.01), the tourist traffic in Zakopane City and at thermal baths will be significantly increased, which may result in extended excursion times.