Wieliczka Salt Mine Half-Day Tour from Kraków67 Reviews
Explore the Wieliczka Salt Mine on a half-day tour from Kraków. Descend underground, hear its history, and walk through the many tunnels and chambers of the mine. See an underground lake and a church with carvings, monuments, and altars made out of salt.
- Discover a unique underground city with developed infrastructure
- Learn more about the mine and the Polish miners who worked there
- Wander through the tunnels and travel between 20 different chambers
- Explore the underground church with its carvings, altars, and monuments sculpted in salt
- Walk along the banks of an underground lake
DescriptionTravel from Kraków to the Wieliczka Salt Mine and explore this underground world with a half-day tour. Upon arriving at the mine, you will descend more than 380 steps to get to the first level, 210 feet (64 meters) below the ground. Your guide will provide you with insight into the mysteries of the mine, the people who have worked there, and the powers of nature that have ruled the mine. You will then see 20 chambers, including the most beautiful one, St. Kinga's Chapel. This is an underground church that will enchant you with its carvings, altars, and monuments sculpted in salt. Allow yourself to be mesmerized by the wonderful spectacle on the bank of one of the salt lakes inside the mine as music from Chopin plays overhead. Then head to the third level, 443 feet (135 meters) below the surface, before riding a lift back to the top.
IncludesTransportation by minivan/bus Pick-up and drop off Licensed tour guide in the salt mine Headphones to hear your guide Food and beverages (you can bring your food along)
- Please bring warm clothing and comfortable shoes. The temperature underground ranges from 14 to 16 degrees Celsius.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability