Number 7 Restaurant
Part of a complex that also includes the sophisticated No.7 Bar and the enviably-positioned No.7 Hostel, the newly-opened (March 2011) No.7 Restaurant occupies two gorgeous rooms in the cellar of what is known as the historic 'Italian Building', situated at number 7 (where else?) on Krakow's Main Market Square.
Interestingly, in the 13th century when the rooms that house the restaurant were first constructed, they were at what was then ground level - the passage of time seeing a rise in the surface of the square sufficient to relegate them to the basement. In its long history the building has been the seat of the Montelupi family, housed the medieval Krakow merchants' guild, hosted the wedding of Tsar Dmitri The False in 1606 and part of it was a German theatre in the late 18th century.
In these illustrious surroundings has been created an elegant air-conditioned restaurant with seating for up to 100 guests. The seasonal menu is a high quality interpretation of the currently fashionable fusion of traditional Polish and classic Italian cuisine. A comprehensive breakfast menu that includes a full cooked English breakfast makes this a popular choice for early business meetings, and it's equally popular for lunch. Wedding parties and other group functions are welcome, and menus can be especially tailored. Of interest to parents is the special children's menu and dedicated kids' room with toys, etc.
Further mention should also be made of the super-stylish No.7 Bar, with its stainless steel and minimalism décor, huge range of cocktails, seating for 80, large plasma screens and full facilities for private parties. Also air-conditioned, it offers free wi-fi to customers and a selection of desserts and warm appetizers as well as top quality coffee.