My Guide Website?
From Kraków: Auschwitz-Birkenau & Salt Mine in 1 Day153 Reviews
Visit former Nazi concentration camps Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II (Birkenau) and see the most popular salt mine in the world, listed on the UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage List.
- Visit the largest former Nazi concentration camp
- Learn the history of Auschwitz and the Holocaust
- See dozens of sculptures and bas-reliefs cut out of the salt
DescriptionAuschwitz-Birkenau is the largest death camp in human history, the site of mass destruction and genocide in Europe during World War II. Currently camp Auschwitz-Birkenau is a synonym for world’s most cruel terror, genocide and atrocities. The camp was built by the Nazis in 1940 in the suburbs of Oswiecim. The total number of deaths and executions is estimated to be over 1.5-million people from 28 nationalities. Almost 90% of these people were Jews. The former concentration camp leaves a deep impression, partly because it allows you to imagine the scale of the Holocaust. Since 1979 this site has been listed on the UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage list. After your visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau, head to the Wieliczka salt mine, one of the most treasured monuments in Polish cultural history. Over a million tourists from around the world visit the salt mine yearly to see its exquisite carvings and reliefs. This unique place is listed on the UNESCO Cultural and Natural World Heritage List since 1978 placing it even higher on tourists' 'to-do list'. The miners left dozens of sculptures and bas-reliefs cut out of the salt, keeping their work alive for many further years. There are 800 steps to climb of which 350 at the beginning take you down into the mine. There's a lift to the top of the mine at the end of the route.
IncludesEntrance fees for Auschwitz, Birkenau, Salt Mine Professional English-speaking guides for Auschwitz, Birkenau, Salt Mine Professional and licensed transport service Pickup from your accommodation, or the meeting point (depending on option chosen) Drop-off at the Main Market Square in the Old Town or at your accommodation (depending on option chosen) Water Food and drinks (except for water) Private guides
- Please provide your full name and contact details when booking; please bring your passport or ID card to ensure
- All tickets are non-refundable • Maximum luggage/bag/purse/backpack size is 30x20x10cm (A4 sheet size)
- Please inform the supplier if your child is less then 150cm tall so that a child seat can be prepared
- From March 2020, new guidelines mean booking in advance is the only way to ensure you are able to visit. It is generally possible to change your ticket date and time after purchase if necessary. Be sure to contact the local partner with any questions you may have about your booking time and date.
- Please dress modestly (out of respect for the deceased) and according to the weather
- The temperature in the Salt Mine is around 14-15 degrees Celsius - you will spend around 2-2.5 hours over there, please dress accordingly
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now