My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Czestochowa - The Black Madonna13 Reviews
Visit Poland's spiritual heart on a tour to the town of Częstochowa. Follow in the footsteps of millions of pilgrims as you gaze upon the "Black Madonna" at the Jasna Góra Monastery.
- Enjoy a day trip to Czestochowa from Krakow
- See the famous 'Black Madonna' painting at Jasna Gora in Czestochowa
- Visit the Basilica Museum and the Treasury
- Travel along the historic Trail of the Eagles' Nests
DescriptionOur tour takes you to a place which receives around 5 million visitors a year (including over 150,000 pilgrims on foot). After arriving at the monastery, we will visit the chapel of the miraculous painting of the Black Madonna, which is the embodiment of the attachment to the Cult of Mary so typical of the Catholic faith in Poland. Next we visit the Basilica, which is the main church of the monastery. You can also visit the 600th-Anniversary Museum and the Treasury on your own, if you wish, or attend Mass while others on the tour have a break for lunch and a visit to a souvenir shop.
IncludesTransport Krakow-Czestochowa-Krakow Guide-driver on the way Tour with a local guide at Jasna Góra monastery komplex (church, museum, treasury) Entrance ticket to the museum
- Round-trip transportation is available from most centrally-located Krakow hotels.
- If you are interested in complementary hotel pickup, please make sure to contact the local partner no later than 24 hours prior to your tour
- If you do not require hotel pickup, or your hotel cannot be serviced, you must make your own way to the main tour departure point (the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel)