My Guide Website?
Dunajec River Gorge and Zakopane: Full-Day Trip from Krakow44 Reviews
Head to southern Poland's most picturesque district for a rafting trip on the Dunajec River. Ride a rail car up Gubalowka for stunning views.
- Enjoy a traditional rafting experience run by local highlanders
- Visit the beautiful countryside of Zakopane
- Take a rail car ride to the peak of Gubalowka
DescriptionTravel from Krakow to the Dunajec River Gorge and Tatra Mountains, the most picturesque tourist attractions in southern Poland, on a 12-hour excursion. Marvel at the beauty of the gorge, featured on UNESCO's Tentative List of World Heritage Sites in Poland. Wooden raft trips have been offered since the early 19th century, when customers were guests of the nearby Niedzica and Czorsztyn castles. Your raft trip begins in the village of Sromowce Wyżne-Kąty and ends in the resort town of Szczawnica, 18 kilometers downstream. Enjoy a restaurant lunch at your own expense after rafting. Continue to Zakopane to ride a rail car to admire the Tatra Mountains from the peak of Gubalowka.
IncludesTransportation Admission fees to the Pieniny National Park Admission fees for 2.5 hour traditional rafting English-speaking driver assistance
- Be sure to dress appropriately for mountain weather
- Lunch options are available on the tour
- There is no age limit for this tour
- Bring Your ID/student card