My Guide Website?
From Krakow: Full-Day Kalwaria Zebrzydowska & Wadowice Visit
Enjoy a full-day trip from Krakow to see important religious sites in Poland. Visit Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, the monastery complex of the Bernadine Franciscans. Continue on to Wadowice, the birthplace of Pope John Paul II, and home to a famous basilica.
- Visit Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See Wadowice, the birthplace of Pope John Paul II
- Admire the 15th century basilica in Wadowice
- Walk the grounds of the Bernadine Franciscans
- Learn about the history and modern-day stance on religion and Catholicism in Poland
DescriptionVisit sites of important religious and historical value for Poland on a full-day trip from Krakow. Your first stop is in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This is the monastery complex of the Bernardines Franciscans. It is an exceptional cultural monument located in natural scenery that has attracted thousands of pilgrims from the very beginning. Walk through the monastery complex with the early baroque church and dozens of chapels spread around in a beautiful countryside scenery. Then continue on to Wadowice, situated on the Skawa River at the confluence of the Vistula, in the eastern part of Silesian Foothills (Pogórze Śląskie). It is best known for being the birthplace of Pope John Paul II, and is home to a basilica from the 15th century. At the end of your tour, transfer back to Krakow.
IncludesTour guide Transportation Entrance to the monastery and basilica Entrance to Pope John Paul II's family home museum (EUR 6.50)
- Meeting point: your hotel Please choose a language of your tour while booking.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now