From Krakow: Full-Day Zakopane & Tatra Mountains Guided Tour71 Reviews
Savor the atmosphere of Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains, and taste a highlander smoked cheese called oscypek. Ride a funicular to Mt. Gubalowka for breathtaking views. Visit a museum dedicated to the Tatra Mountain style with an English-speaking guide.
- Explore the unique culture of Zakopane in the Tatra Mountains
- Discover Poland's most popular winter resort
- Ride the funicular to Mount Gubałówka for breathtaking panoramas of the limestone and granite peaks
- Walk down the main street of Krupówki to get a sense of the Zakopane style
- Taste the complimentary salty smoked sheep's milk cheese of oscypek
- Go to the Tatra Museum and learn about the lifestyle of the Tatra Mountain highlanders
- Listen to the unique Podhale dialect of the highlanders and see their beautiful handmade outfits
DescriptionVisit the popular winter resort of Zakopane on a full-day private sightseeing tour from Krakow and discover Poland’s most popular resort for skiing, rock climbing, rafting, trekking, cycling and paragliding. Begin your exploration of the area by visiting the highlander’s cottage and tasting the traditional highlander cheese known as oscypek. Then, continue your tour in the Koliba Villa, the Museum of Zakopane Style. After the visit to the museum, you will take the funicular railway to Mount Gubałówka for eye-popping views over the granite and limestone peaks. Return to the oldest part of Zakopane and wander the characterful main street of Krupówki to immerse yourself in Zakopane culture. Listen to the Podhale dialect - a language only spoken by the highlanders of the Tatra Mountains - admire beautiful handmade outfits, hear traditional music and peek into the workshops to see how the local art is made. Before World War I, Zakopane was widely regarded as the art and culture capital of Poland, a status it earned thanks to the many artists, writers and musicians who settled there. Among them was the painter Stanislaw Witkiewicz, who established a unique mountain cottage style of architecture known as “Zakopane Style.” You can learn more at the Tatra Museum. Having returned to the oldest part of Zakopane, you will have a chance to visit the enormous regional market and have lunch in a regional restaurant serving local specialities while enjoying your free time.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Zakopane sightseeing Funicular ride ticket to Mount Gubałówka Museum entrance fee Roundtrip transportation from Krakow Optional gratuities Meals and drinks (other than Tasting of Oscypek)
- Please wear comfortable and weather appropriate clothing
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability