My Guide Website?
Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau Guided Tour & Holocaust Movie74 Reviews
Visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum on a guided tour that includes entry tickets. Watch an introductory video to see the camp during WWII in a special cinema room at the museum.
- Spend a day in reflection at to the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp
- Step into the largest Nazi concentration camp and learn its WWII history
- See the extermination camp in the past during a Holocaust introduction film
- Explore the original buildings of the concentration camps in person
- Witness the gas chambers, railway platform, and other elements of the site
DescriptionTour Auschwitz-Birkenau, the largest former concentration camp, and learn about its unforgettable history with a guide. Before your tour, see an introductory video showing the face of this place during World War II in a special cinema room, entry included. Depart Krakow and head to the museum and memorial on the outskirts of Oświęcim, approximately 60 kilometers west of Krakow. Upon arrival (approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes later), your guide will take you into a world of the past. Before visiting the Auschwitz-Birkenau camps, a film in a specially prepared cinema room at the museum will give you an introduction to the history of the camp. Learn about the functioning of the camp during World War II. After the film, pass through the gate marked 'Arbeit macht frei' and enter the grounds of Auschwitz I, where your guide will show you around the preserved area and tell you about the history of the place. Then, visit Birkenau, where the mass extermination took place as part of the Nazi 'Final Solution to the Jewish Question.' This will be the last hour of the tour, and then your driver will take you back to Krakow. The Auschwitz-Birkenau camp, which was established in 1940 by the German Nazi party, became a symbol of human suffering as well as physical and mental torment years later. As the largest concentration camp in operation, it has become the final resting place for millions of people, especially Jews. There is no doubt that this is a place that leaves a permanent mark on visitors. It is an important monument in honor of the victims of extermination.
IncludesKrakow hotel or meeting point pickup and drop-off Skip-the-line entry ticket to Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Film screening about the Holocaust Packed lunch Tour with a licensed guide
- The starting time of the tour may change and it is worth considering this into your plans. The time you choose is your preferred time; the local partner will try their best to match it so that it is as close as possible