My Guide Website?
Krakow: Nowa Huta and Communist Poland History Guided Tour5 Reviews
Get off the beaten track in Krakow and take a guided tour through the offices of steel mill and its bomb shelter to learn more about Poland's communist history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Krakow:If youʻre booking your trip to Krakow last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See Krakow's communist architecture and learn about the city's socialist history
- Admire the steelworks building and how it played a role in the community
- See the typical socialist realist architecture of Nowa Huta and learn its history
- Hear anecdotes and tales related to life during the communist era in Krakow
- Go down to the underground shelters built in preparation for a nuclear war
DescriptionDiscover a different part of Krakow on this guided tour. Find your guide and visit the partially abandoned steelworks that still work. Meet your guide at the main gates of the administrative center to begin your tour. Hear different stories about the events that took place in this imposing building before exploring the neighborhood. Learn about Krakow’s 20th-century history and visit the steelworks and bunkers. As you go through the district of Nowa Huta, find out how it was designed to serve ordinary workers of the local steelworks industry and served as a testimony to the power of the communist state. Get a fuller understanding of the more complicated parts of history as you head to an underground shelter from the Cold War and hear anecdotes and tales about life under communism in Poland.
IncludesLocal guide Museum entry ticket
- This tour does not enter the industrial steelworks area