My Guide Website?
Krakow: Vistula River Cruise & Former Ghetto Walking Tour
Sail on the Vistula River aboard a modern catamaran and admire views of Krakow on a city cruise. Listen to the WWII history behind the former Jewish ghetto on guided walking tour.
- Walk through WWII history as you tour the location of the former Jewish ghetto
- Immerse yourself in local stories as you hear tale behind empty chair statues
- Stop at the historic Pod Orłem pharmacy and stroll through Ghetto Heroes Square
- See the panoramic views of Krakow as you cruise down the Vistula River
- Soak up the atmosphere of the city as sail on the deck of a modern catamaran
DescriptionExperience the beauty of Krakow's river banks and skyline on a city cruise on the Vistula river. Dive into the past on a walking tour through the former, Nazi-instituted Jewish Ghetto in Podgórze where you can see Ghetto Heroes Square. Start by boarding the boat for a river cruise. Hear about the attractions you pass with your audio guide. Snap pictures of Wawel castle, churches, and other monuments from the boat's open platform. Disembark in Podgórze and meet your local guide. Stroll through the streets of the former Jewish ghetto and pause for reflection as you find traces of this tragic past. Let your guide provide context for the sights you see. View a fragment of the undamaged wall around the ghetto, houses where thousands of displaced Jews lived, and the historic 'Pod Orłem' pharmacy. Admire the monument with many empty chairs at Ghetto Heroes Square.
IncludesVistula river cruise Audio-guide on the cruse Former Jewish Getto walking tour Live guide on the walking tour
- This tour takes place rain or shine