Krakow: Wieliczka Salt Mine Skip-the-Line Ticket & Transfers74 Reviews
Explore the underground labyrinth of the Wieliczka Salt Mines to discover one of the world’s largest mining heritage museums. See sacred art and old mining equipment that reflects the mining techniques of the Middle Ages through to the modern day.
- Explore the underground UNESCO salt mines of Wieliczka
- Listen to a fantastic 700-year history narrated by a guide
- Enjoy the hotel pick-up or meeting point pick-up
DescriptionHead underground to explore the Wieliczka Salt Mine and marvel at the salt formations, including the stunning Chapel of St. Kinga. Located in the town of Wieliczka in southern Poland, just outside of Krakow, you will transfer to the mine by air-conditioned vehicle and then begin your descent. Start with a climb downstairs to a depth of 64 meters. You will be led through a number of chambers and shown underground lakes, shrines, and salt monuments. Follow the underground trail through numerous drifts and galleries, where traces of mining activity have been preserved. See examples of sacred art and themed compositions relating to the history of the mine. The Wieliczka Salt Mine is the world's largest mining heritage museum with a collection encompassing unique pieces of mining equipment reflecting the development of mining techniques from the Middle Ages until today.
IncludesLive guide Transport from meeting point Hotel pickup (if private transport option selected) Gratuities
- Hotel pick-up is available for selected hotels (if option is chosen)
- In order to confirm your hotel pick-up, please contact the local tour provider at least 24 hours before tour start
- In case of lacking information about the hotel, you will be picked up from a meeting point
- Please note that the temperature in the mine is a constant 14 degrees, and it is recommended you bring warm clothes even in summer
- There are 800 steps, including 380 at the start, so please wear comfortable shoes
- Part of the route has wheelchair access, although prior booking is necessary
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY