My Guide Website?
Krakow Old Town: A Self-Guided Audio Tour
Explore a world of ancient kings and fire-breathing dragons, awaiting in Kraków's old town. Enjoy the magic of GPS playback with this immersive application to learn while walking through the city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Krakow:If youʻre booking your trip to Krakow last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Delve into Krakow's medieval past, with tales of ancient kings and firey dragons
- Hear stories from Krakow's long and interesting history up to the present day
- Enjoy the freedom to linger at stops you find interesting or take breaks
- Listen to audio about various different attractions on the tour through the city
- Experience the city at your own pace with an audio app as your guide on the way
DescriptionDelve into Krakow's medieval past, with tales of ancient kings and fire-breathing dragons, on this tour of the historic old town and castle. Hear how Krakow was transformed into a royal city and Poland’s capital until 1596, after starting out as a humble merchant town. Begin your walk in the city’s medieval market square, and move through the city to learn its long history, from the invasion of the warriors of Genghis Khan, and the history of Wawel Castle in WW2, and the rise of Pope John Paul II, Krakow's most famous former resident. Look forward to highlights on the four such as the story of St. Mary's trumpeter, Krakow's legendary fire-breathing dragon, and take a walk around Wawel Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage site along with Krakow's entire Old Town, and see the Royal Palace. Hear stories about St. Mary's Basilica, and the Wawel Cathedral, and hear tales of the Krakow Barbican, a medieval fortress. Enjoy a short visit to the Bishop's Palace, the former home of Pope John Paul II. Enjoy a two-hour walking tour of the city, and enjoy the freedom to stop for a break at cafes and refreshments along the way. Finish the tour at Wawel Castle, only a short walk from the market square.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap App for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app, you will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it The start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour The tour is only available in English