My Guide Website?
Skip-the-line Nowa Huta Museum Krakow Communist Poland Tour
How did Stalin envision an ideal socialist city? See for yourself on a private tour of the Nowa Huta Museum in Krakow! Learn about the Cold War and the first anti-comunist strikes in Europe.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Krakow:If youʻre booking your trip to Krakow last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the Nowa Huta with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets and a pre-booked time slot to enter
- Learn about the Communism and post-war politics in Poland
- See historic landmarks of Nowa Huta district (4- and 5-hour options only)
- Book round-trip transfers from your accommodation in Krakow (3- and 5-hour )
DescriptionNowa Huta is the best place to discover the little-known yet fascinating history of Krakow and the political, social, moral and cultural life of the People’s Republic of Poland. On this tour, you will visit the Nowa Huta Museum with skip-the-line tickets, and you will enjoy the excellent exhibitions with live commentary in your native language. Witness living history! Book a 2-hour private tour of the Nowa Huta Museum in Krakow. Your Private Guide will meet you at the Solidarity Monument opposite the Ronald Reagan Plaza and take you to the Nowa Huta, where you will have a reserved time slot for entry so you can skip the line at the ticket office. Inside, you can gain insight into daily life in Poland under the political domination of the USSR. The excellent exhibitions and live commentary will introduce you to the Polish Workers Party and related conversations and debates surrounding topics such as the Cold War nuclear anxiety, communist propaganda, worker’s rights and dictatorship. Choose the 3-hour option to book a 2-hour private tour of the Nowa Huta Museum and with private car transfers. The estimated 1-hour round-trip transfers include pickup and drop–off at your accommodation in Krakow, so you will have no problem getting to the meeting point and going back to the city center after the tour. Book a 4-hour private tour of the Nowa Huta Museum and Nowa Huta District in Krakow. On this extended walking tour you can see for yourself the Ideal Socialist-Realist City featuring many Stalinist monuments. You will hear the story of Nowa Huta workers and the Nowa Huta Cross, see the People’s Theater (Teatr Ludowy) and a real IS-2 Tank that was used by the Polish army during World War II. Choose the 5-hour option to book a 4-hour private walking tour of the Nowa Huta Museum and Nowa Huta district with private car transfers. The estimated 1-hour round-trip transfers include pickup and drop–off at your accommodation in Krakow. We will arrange a Licensed Driver and a clean, air-conditioned vehicle exclusively for your group.
IncludesPrivate Tour of the Nowa Huta Museum and Nowa Huta Distict in Krakow (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language selected when booking Skip-the-line tickets to Nowa Huta Museum Walking tour of the Nowa Huta district (4- and 5-hour options only) Round-trip transfers with pickup and drop-off at your accommodation in Krakow (3- and 5-hour options only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that transfers and the Nowa Huta walking tour are not included in a 2-hour option. With skip-the-line tickets to the Nowa Huta Museum you will have a reserved time slot for entry so you can skip the lines at the ticket office. Admission is for the permanent and temporary exhibitions. The 3- and 5-hour options include an estimated 1-hour round trip transfer from your accommodation in Gdansk. The exact transfer time will depend on the distance and traffic. We will arrange a standard car (sedan) for 1-4 people, and a large van for groups of 5+ people. You can book a 5-people tour for a larger vehicle.